As previously mentioned, the Forest Hill House School moved out in 1926,
and the building started to be used as a church called the Honor Oak
Christian Fellowship and Conference Centre.
The church was
founded by a well-known preacher and writer, Theodore Austin-Sparks. He
held five or six conferences each year at the Centre, which were
attended by 150+ people from around the world. The best known of those
that attended were Watchman Nee, who later after years of imprisonment
died for his faith in China, and Bakht Singh, who founded many churches
Austin-Sparks and his co-workers published a bi-monthly
magazine, “A Witness and a Testimony”, for over 40 years until
Austin-Sparks' death in 1971. This was printed and mailed out from the
Centre and eventually grew to a worldwide distribution of 3000+.
Next: Operation Mobilisation ►
Watchman Nee with Theodore Austin-Sparks